Tuesday 31 July 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to French Braids & Freezer Meals!  To start things off, this month's theme is FAVORITES.  These are the tricks you come back to over and over again that always seem to save the day.  Here are some of our readers favorite tricks:

Ashlee's Stand for Healthy Food
Kellie
Whit keeps crafting simple
Aubrey - consistency and whole foods
Alysa's 5 Musical Tips


A big thank you to everyone who has participated so far!  I am amazed by the beautifully simple responses I read every day, and am even more amazed by the beautiful women who wrote them.

This blog cannot survive without input from our readers.  So please take a moment to write a comment, think of your favorite tricks, and send them my way (emilythesavage@gmail.com).  Don't forget to click the "Join this site" button on the right to stay updated.

When writing your list of tricks, remember to follow these guidelines:

(1)things that reduce/avoid stress.   We have to run a pretty tight ship as moms, and things can get stressful really fast.  For me, stress means I'm not as patient and playful as I want to be. Then I feel like a bad mom, and then I get even more stressed.  This is a bad cycle!  Since we don't always have the luxury to walk away and read a book or go for a jog when things get stressful, we need some tricks to help us get through the day in one piece.

(2) things that are easy.   We don't need more sewing projects.  We don't need lifestyle overhauls. We don't need more things to add to our to-do lists, especially if they take up a lot of time and take us away from our kids.  Our ultimate goal is to spend more quality time with our family, not get bogged down on the latest "time saving" pinterest trending craft.


Next month's theme is VACATIONS WITH KIDS.  

1 comment:

  1. Emily! This is great! I have learned some things already and love you dearly for sharing your story. My favorite line was about feeling distant from your husband and children even though your entire life centered around them. Such a painful irony! I have totally, totally been there!

    I love the idea for this blog because you are right...It is too, too tempting to think that 'everyone but me is perfect.' Why not admit that we all struggle and share what helps us through? We can still find joy and successes even when we struggle and that is important to realize!

    I have also thought a lot at how pinterest/blogs can create ingratitude due to a perceived lack of blessings if we let them. I like to see people's cute ideas to the point that I am inspired but when I find myself saying things like 'if only I had the money to do that...' or 'if only I had time to do that...' or whatever 'if only,' suits my fancy that day then there is a problem.

    I'm excited to start finding tips in here to help me through my days. You are an inspiration dear! And don't worry... you'll get your life back in order eventually... and in the mean time you will learn patience and what REALLY matters and you will grow in your compassion for others. Or at least that's what the 'adjusting to two,' phase did for me!

    Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete